Dubai- Massader News
The Artificial Intelligence Journalism for Research and Forecasting (AIJRF) has announced the global launch of the Artificial Intelligence Journalism World Forum (AIJWF). This platform will serve as the bedrock for the rigorous study and intellectual expansion of artificial intelligence (AI) journalism under the slogan “Designing the Future of Media, Touching Human Lives 2050″.
“In continuation of the scientific and academic efforts of the AIJRF, we have announced the global forum as the first global platform to research and explore AI journalism and 7G journalism,” Professor Mohammed Ali Shouman, president of the Global Artificial Intelligence Journalism Forum (GAIJF), said.
“The forum will explain the underlying features of the new media era ushered in by the technologies of the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR), with a specific vision to create a world-class network of researchers and academics who specialise in media and 4IR under the banner of developing AI technologies,” he added.
“The first annual meeting of the AIJWF, to be held in Dubai, will include over 200 participants, academics and media experts who specialise in AI journalism and 7G journalism technologies. Academics will represent universities and research centres from the United States and Europe, as well as regional universities from the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Iraq, Kuwait and Bahrain,” said Professor Shouman.
“The AIJWF is the world’s leading platform in designing the future of media and touching human lives. It seeks to explore the era of artificial intelligence journalism and 7G journalism, by presenting real experiences for international media in the use of AI technologies in editing and writing processes, data analysis, detection of fake news, use of 3D printing, big data analysis, data journalism, and other technologies of 4IR related to media,” said Professor Mohamed Abdulzaher, CEO of the global forum and a pioneer in artificial intelligence journalism.
He added: “The AIJWF forum also aims to study everything related to artificial intelligence technologies and 4IR and their positive reflection on people, while developing a team of researchers and scholars in the field of artificial intelligence journalism, and assisting universities and research centres in providing scientific curriculums on intelligence journalism. In addition, the forum hopes to inform media outlets – especially Arabic ones – in ways to take advantage of the new technologies of the Fourth and Fifth Industrial Revolutions as they are integrated in the media industry.”
According to an AIJWF press release, the forum is the first global conference designed to:
- Bolster research and forecasting of the substantive features of the era of AI journalism and 7G journalism.
- Monitor 4IR and 5IR technologies that have a direct impact on the media industry.
- Consider the best ways to use 4IR and 5IR technologies in the mass media and daily life.
- Receive research and academic reports in both Arabic and English on 4IR, AI journalism and 7G journalism.
- Train a team of researchers and learners to be experts in AI journalism and 7G journalism in the future.
- Assist universities and research institutes in providing rich, dynamic and unique scientific content about AI journalism and 7G journalism.
- Inform the media – especially Arabic outlets – of how to reap the benefits of 4IR and 5IR technologies within an integrated media and mass communication system.
- Organise an annual Artificial Intelligence Journalism World Forum, which willbe a global platform for researchers and thinkers to formulate new concepts in the media that go in line with 4IR and 5IR technologies.
- Prepare periodic scientific research papers about AI journalism as outputs of the annual conference, and of the contributions of researchers and learners in the institution of AI journalism and 7G journalism.
- Prepare opinion polls and scientific surveys about the reality of AI journalism and 7G journalism in media institutions, as applied on a targeted audience.
- Prepare a practical academic curriculum about AI journalism to be studied in media courses in universities and research institutes.
- Form a specialised workgroup of media representatives and researchers, after baselining their ability to participate effectively and add new ideas and visions to AI journalism.
- Sponsor an annual award for the best implementation of AI technologies in journalism, radio and social media, as well as award the best journalist and best media content produced using AI technologies, and the best article or study about AI journalism.
- Establish an international association for journalists working directly with AI technologies.
- Provide training in the basics and skills of AI for journalists and researchers.
- Support cooperation with leading and pioneering international institutions in the field of AI technologies, which can make direct impact on the mass media.
About Artificial Intelligence Journalism
Artificial Intelligence Journalism for Research and Forecasting (AIJRF) is a think tank established in the United Arab Emirates at the end of November 2018 by a group of professors and researchers specialising in media studies, artificial intelligence (AI), the Fourth Industrial Revolution and the humanities.
AIJRF is a leading global organisation in the research, forecasting and shaping of the future of AI and the Fourth and Fifth Industrial Revolutions.
AIJRF believes that every new development in AI can have positive effects on the future of the world, and aims to forecast the new media landscape that will be the result of the Fourth and Fifth Industrial Revolutions.
AIJRF has advanced skills in training, teaching, searching and forecasting through its advisory board, plus specialist Academic, Editorial and Media teams. It works in co-operation with various research institutions and universities, and specialised groups of academics and researchers in the United States, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. Its teams speak and edit in five different languages: Arabic, English, French, Italian and Spanish.
AIJRF manages and issues the Artificial Intelligence Journalism Journal (AIJJ), the first-ever AI journalism academic publication, in both Arabic and English.
AIJRF also manages and supervises the Artificial Intelligence Journalism World Forum (AIJWF), the first global platform to bring together academics, media professionals and specialists in AI technologies from educational institutions, universities and the media.
AIJWF hosts an annual specialised academic event, where it brings together companies, institutions, media industry leaders and technologies of the Fourth and Fifth Industrial Revolutions.